To improve the quality and quantity of the statistical information in the PALOP countries, to support the decision-making process and allow a well-informed public opinion by making comparable data available in a timely manner.
- Definition and implementation of systems for planning, coordination and management of statistical information, in accordance with international recommendations;
- Definition and application of routines for the publication and dissemination of the statistical information;
- Updating and consolidation of the system of international nomenclatures, managed using the Integrated System of Economic Nomenclatures;
- Implementation of the SNA93 and dissemination of methods and sources to produce the National Accounts;
- Consolidation of production and dissemination of business statistics (using the Integrated System of Business Statistics) and informal sector activities;
- Implementation of common methodologies and statistics compilation tools for the preparation and publication of memos on the economy and tableaux de bord;
- Definition and implementation of social indicators and methodologies for the diagnosis and follow-up of National Strategies for Poverty Reduction and across-the-board issues;
- Design and application of financial engineering for the mobilisation of resources for the statistics compilation activity.
Professionals from the National Statistics Offices in the PALOP countries, namely managers and accountants.