The PALOP-TL Multiannual Indicative Programme for the period 2014-2020, with a budget of 30 million euros, was signed in São Tomé and Príncipe on 30 April 2015 under the auspices of the 11th European Development Fund (EDF) and intends to continue previous efforts for good governance.
Three specific objectives to be pursued are set out in the Multiannual Indicative Programme:
- Increasing employment through inclusion and mobility;
- Promoting employment through wealth-generating activities in the cultural sector;
- Strengthening institutional capacity for governance.
The projects are being identified and formulated, with two priority focus areas, the development of governance capabilities and the generation of employment in the area of culture.
In view of the above, the programme should support:
- Promoting employment with a particular focus on the social inclusion of vulnerable groups, occupational mobility between the PALOP-TL and wealth-creating and employment-generating activities in the cultural sector.
Areas of potential added value may be the harmonisation of systems and qualification structures; encouraging the recognition of vocational training and diplomas; simplification of legal and administrative procedures; the development of cultural activities, technical education networks and vocational training; the encouragement of entrepreneurship and the linking of Technical and Vocational Training to companies and the labour market; the complementarity of actions with ongoing or completed projects; the development of mobility programmes for artists, creatives and researchers, etc.
- The strengthening of institutional governance capabilities, where the proposed interventions should focus on the implementation of a training component, with innovative solutions to develop:
- cooperation with civil society organisations;
- the dissemination and sharing of activities to generate employment and to connect to the business sector;
- the functioning of websites for greater visibility of good practice in terms of culture, employment and Technical-Vocational Training in the PALOP-TL.
From this cycle, the Programme is coordinated by the Regional Authorising Officer, simultaneously National Authorising Officer of the EDF of Mozambique, who was chosen by his peers and who will monitor the implementation of the projects.